There are a several great workshops, trainings, and webinars happening in the nonprofit world over the next couple of weeks. Check out some of my favorites below!
Integrated Social Media Strategy...Solving the Social Media Puzzle
OneWorld is presenting a session on how nonprofit organizations can create and implement an integrated social media strategy. Michael Hoffman, CEO of See3 Communications, will provide a big picture view of what social media is really all about: listening, storytelling, real relationships, transparency and accountability. Lori Painter, Email Marketing Manager at PETA, will talk about best practices in using social media and email advocacy to launch a successful online campaign. Greg Bloom, Communications Associate at Bread for the City, will discuss two different multi-channel social media campaigns and Jared Schwartz, Online Nonprofit Consultant, will discuss how he recently helped Critical Exposure use crowd-sourcing and social media applications to win an online fundraising challenge. Also, be sure and check out Jared’s case study on winning the GlobalGiving challenge here on Frogloop.
When: September 22nd at 12:30 PM EDT
Sign up at OneWorld
Tweet This Change
Just about everyone is on twitter these days, including the President of the United States. Organizations are using twitter to launch petitions, advertise events, spread job announcements and spur on conversation. Shireen Mitchell, of Digital Sistas and Allyson Kapin of Care2's Frogloop and Founder of Rad Campaign and Women Who Tech will be leading this nuts and bolts webinar on all things Twitter. Shireen and Allyson will discuss Twitter best practices to brand your nonprofit and campaigns, the best tools to listen, follow and measure your impact.
When: September 25, 2009 at 3PM EDT
Sign up at the New Organizing Institute
Facebook Pages for Advocacy and Public Affairs Campaigns
Facebook has given their Pages a number of significant upgrades that empower organizations and campaigns to deliver key messages and rich content to their targeted audience. This workshop will give you the practical tools, tips and information to build and grow your organization's official presence on Facebook. Specifically, we will cover:
- The Basics of Creating and Populating a Facebook Page
- Advantages of Facebook Pages over Facebook Groups
- How to Integrate Blogs, Video, and Twitter
- Adding Applications to Facebook Pages
- How to Best Promote Your Message in the Facebook Newsfeed
- Strategies to Grow and Engage Your Fan Base
- Making Sense of the Facebook Page Analytic and Fan Interaction Reports
When: September 30th from at 9AM EDT
Sign up at Panetta Communications
NOI San Francisco New Media Training
NOI is bringing their popular nonprofit trainings to San Francisco, October 5th and 6th at the Jewish Community Center. The training covers everything from writing emails, to social networking, to online fundraising. By the end of the training, attendees not only know how to incorporate these tools into an organization, but how to argue for them internally. You'll be trained by some of the field's most experienced new media practitioners, and have the opportunity to strategize with them about what tools and tactics are best for your organization.
Sessions and trainers include:
- Effective Email Writing: Julia Rosen and Eden James, Courage Campaign
- Testing: Larry Huynh, Blackrock Associates
- Online Advertising: Larry Huynh, Blackrock Associates
- Small Dollar Fundraising: Madeline Stanionis, Watershed Company
- Working with Blogs and Bloggers: Cheryl Contee, Fission Strategy
- Social Networking and Building an Online Community: Cheryl Contee, Fission Strategy
- Principles of Web Design: Mike Disharoon, Blackrock Associates
When: October 5th - 6th
Sign up at New Organizing Institute