Crowfunding campaigns to support nonprofits have experienced significant growth over the last few years. Nonprofits aren't just raising money through their email lists during crowdfunding campaigns, they are acquiring new donors too. But who are these new donors? Kimbia, who runs the crowdfunding campaign Give Local America, which raised an impressive $53M in 2014, poured through their donor data and found some answers.
- Age: 42% of donors are between the ages of 55-74
- Income: 47% have a $100K or more household income.
- Networth: 62% have a networth of $250K or more
- Average first gift for the event: $113
- Gave to charity in the past: Only 41% gave to charity previously, meaning that the majority of donors to crowdfunding campaigns are donating to charity for the first time in their lives. I would love to see a follow up study on how these first time donors felt about their donation experience. Speaking of here's some tips for creating a postive donor experience.
Check out the infographic below to learn more about donors who support crowdfunding campaigns.