If your nonprofit is just getting started on Pinterest or struggling to use it effectively check out this infographic that offers some great tips or what the creator of this infographic calls the “Ten Commandments.” For example:
Plan for Thy Pinning Success
- After setting up your account make sure that you add pinit buttons to your website and blog so people can share your great photo, graphics and infographics.
- Research what your ideal constituent is planning. For instance, if you work for a women’s organization ad.
- Setup your initial boards and start pinning.
Thou Shalt Pin Strategically
- Don’t pin dump. Space your pins.
- Pin across a range of boards that relate to your area of focus.
- Follow other like-minder pinners, comment on pins you like and find useful, like them.
- Add web links in your description.